This is the Fall season in a salad! It’s one of my go to salads in the fall and winter.
What’s great about this salad is that you can use any squash, and during the fall and winter I will cook a squash as part of my batch cooking on Sunday’s so I can easily incorporate it into dishes through out the week. Winter squash is a great source of carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- 4 cups green kale, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup acorn squash, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup millet (you can substitute with quinoa)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp tahini (I use a raw organic option, like Artisana Organics)
- salt, pinch
- cayenne pepper, pinch
- water (add in 1/2 tsp at a time until preferred consistency)
- To make the dressing: add all dressing ingredients into a little bowl and whisk together until one smooth consistency. Add water as needed if consistency is too thick.
- Place kale in a bowl, using 1/2 of the dressing massage the kale until tender.
- Top with the rest of the ingredients, remaining salad dressing and mix well.