One of my favourite books growing up was Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham. Unlike Sam I won’t push you to eat green eggs, but I will push you to try some greens with your eggs for your next breakfast!
This is a quick breakfast that will get your day off to a great start.
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium yellow onion. sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups assorted greens like rapini, spinach, broccoli, chopped (really anything green, go wild)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- In a medium skillet, melt butter or ghee over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic, stir to coat, and cover pan with a lid. Cover with the lid and cook for 5-10 minutes, this should form some condensation.
- Add greens to the skillet and continue to cook on the stove until wilted, the steam from the condensation should help this move pretty quickly.
- Form 2 wells for the eggs. Crack one egg into each well and cook for 3 minutes until whites start to set. Sprinkle with salt and enjoy your eggs with some greens!