You are a busy person!
And sometimes you barely have enough time to think let alone plan meals that are healthy!
I promise you there is a benefit to eating healthy and way worth making the time, such as:
- Giving you energy to fight through those busy times
But it doesn’t have to be time consuming! I must say I use to be the person that would spend my entire Sunday meal prepping, and slowly that dwindled because it was unrealistic to maintain. So what’s my new tactic?
I got smarter with my meal prep!
Instead of cooking all my protein at the beginning of the week I now just focus on making the marinate sauces as the cooking isn’t the time consuming portion it’s the marinating! As well I use the same sauce for various food items so I don’t have to make ten different things, without comprising on variety!
Last week I posted my delicious go to Sun dried Tomato Pesto, and I want to show you how you can use this Pesto as inspiration for three different meals!
- Pesto Millet
- Pesto Chicken
- Mediterranean Salad bowl with a pesto dressing
This is going to be the fastest and tastiest Chicken recipes you have ever tried!
- 3-4oz Grass-fed organic Chicken breast, if possible (I used breast, but you can choose any cut of meat)
- 1 tbsp Sundried Tomato Pesto
- ¼ lemon, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Place your chicken on piece of parchment that is twice the size of your chicken piece.
- Lay the lemon slices on the chicken, and fold the parchment over the chicken. Creating a parchment pouch.
- Place the parchment pouch in the oven to cook for 20 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the juice runs clear.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, discard the lemon slices and coat the chicken with the pesto.
Easy right? Remember that eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard, and sometimes it just takes a little creativity 😊