Try saying Coconut Chocolate Chia Pudding three times fast- definitely a mouthful (and in more ways than one!)
This pudding is mouthwatering; it’s so good! Better yet it’s super quick to make, and doesn’t take much effort.
I’ve talked about the benefits of chia seeds before, but I’m going to summarize a few more health benefits for you (because they are the BOMB).
- Tiny powerhouse! This little guy is packed with fibre, healthy Omega 3 fatty acids, protein and minerals. The question is what doesn’t it have?!
- Trying to lose weight? Chia seeds are one of your answers! Based on its nutrition profile, chia seeds are great blood sugar balancers that will have keep the blood sugar drops and cravings at bay.
- For my vegetarian and vegan friends, chia seeds have a high plant protein quality. Roughly 14% of a serving is protein which is a lot higher than most plant protein sources. Even if you if you eat animal proteins it would be a great protein alternative!
And now for the recipe! Keep in mind that I am on a Candida cleanse so that means no sugar!! But if something sweet is something you’d like to add, I would suggestion 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup or 1 well mashed ripe banana.
- 4 tbsp chia seeds, ground
- ¾ cup coconut milk, full fat
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp collagen
- Grind the chia seeds in you blender
- In a medium bowl mix all your ingredients using a whisk. Be sure to add air in the mixture so that bubbles form. You want to continue mixing for a good 15 minutes. The more you mix the more creamy your pudding will turn out.
- Store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to form and chill.
Yes that is it! Simple right?!? the worst part is the waiting because you just want to dig right in! Anyways go give it a try and be sure to let me know your thoughts!