Sooo I came up with the M-O-S-T delicious stir fry with a fun twist- its grain free and soy free. Stir fry is one of my favourite dishes as you can pack it full of veggies! Veggies are full of nutrients and I constantly try to incorporate them in my meals, but sometimes there are only so many salads I can eat.
This stir fry is filled with ample of delicious veggies and you can easily sub in one veggie for another, making it a very versatile dish. The secret ingredient that ties this whole dish together is the coconut aminos.
Coconut Aminos are a great alternative to soy. Coconut Aminos are made from coconut tree sap and sea salt (this is the brand I use). For anyone avoiding GMOs, gluten, and MSG this is a great choice. Better yet it’s also candida diet approved. But even before starting my candida diet journey, I made a conscious effort to avoid soy. Soy is considered a phytoestrogen; a phytoestrogen is a plant based hormone that acts like our own estrogen. Phytoestrogens can be great for menopause, but given my age I have a while longer to go until I hit that stage in my life. In addition, because I working to balance my hormones, introducing more of one hormone can be detrimental to my progress. The key to hormone balancing is to have the perfect amount of each hormone so they can work in harmony.
This is a great meal to have either on its pwn, or with some added protein… again making this dish so V-E-R-S-A-T-I-L-E.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1 cup mixed peppers (red, yellow, orange), sliced
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp cashews
- Place the cauliflower in a blender and pulse until the cauliflower is a rice consistency (pulse for about 20 seconds, depending on your blender).
- In a pan, heat on medium heat add ghee and turn down the heat to low.
- Add the onions, broccoli, peppers and bok choy. Cook until veggies are soft but have a crunch to them.
- Add in the cauliflower rice, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the coconut aminos and cashews, and stir all together for another minute or so. At this point your cauliflower rice should be warm.
- Plate your delicious stir fry and enjoy.