Week 2 is done ✅
This a recap of Week 1 of my Candida journey:
- I stayed on track by staying organized and being mentally focused
- Going out to eat was a challenge I had to over come
- Overall results: more energy, clearer skin, and weight loss
If you missed it you can read about it here. (Check out the free downloadable gift)
Week 1 was a great week, I was well organized, motivated and I experienced numerous benefits. This was a prefect setup for a successful Week 2.
Week 2 experiences:
I could sleep for days
I was hit with a surge of energy Week 1, and then when Week 2 rolled around and let me tell you, the energy drastically dropped! At the time I was not happy but in thinking about it makes total sense since my body has been working very hard to clean itself! So for the week, I gave my body what it needed…. SLEEP!
- During the week I made sure to get to bed a bit earlier so I could get a few extra 💤.
- I practised meditation more consistently, as my mind felt more rested after practising for 10 minutes (yup, 10 minutes that’s all it takes).
- Scheduled in a nap. On the weekend I made sure to take a nap so that I would feel more rested for my Saturday date night.
Gym performance dropped
Getting through my HIIT workouts got increasing more challenging this week. I’m the kind of person that needs to stay consistent, so I still continued to go to the gym but I cut down the amount of movement per circuit and decreased the amount of rounds I completed. Then I ended my HIIT with some gentle yoga poses. This still got my heart rate going, but I didn’t stress my system by overly draining it.
I find sometimes we push ourselves so much that we end up doing more damage then good! It’s so utterly important to listen to your body. If you are feeling drained, kick it down a notch. Most times you can still be active but alter the form of activity.
Let me tell you, I have never been so absent minded as I have been this week! In addition to the extra sleep, I also upped some extra nutrients
- Loaded up on the Omega 3! Sockeye salmon is a great source of healthy brain fats, EPA and DHA. I made a delicious avocado zucchini noodle dish topped with salmon, that made my tummy and brain smile!
- Increased the fibre. Fibre is used to remove the toxins out of your body. Based on my symptoms it may have been that I wasn’t removing the toxins out of my system as fast as my body was attempting to get rid of them, causing the sleepiness and foogy brain.
The weight loss was more reasonable and moderate this week; shedding 2 pounds this week!
In all this week was a lot different than my experience from Week 1. Even though I experienced less than desirable effects I made sure to listen to my body, give it what it needed and pushed through. Being able to push through even though it was more difficult is such a win that I’m so grateful for! And I believe that I was able to do so well, because I prepared my weekly meals with the give away gift meal planner!! Did anyone give the meal planner a try this week? Let me know how you liked it!!
On to Week 3 and I will keep you all posted on the progress 😊