These cookies are sooooo good and a definite must try
On a weekly basis I will make nut mylk and I always try to find creative ways to use the remains so it doesn’t go to waste. This week I ended up with about two cups of almond grounds and so it was my inspiration for this recipe.
- 3 cups Large Oats
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup mini Chocolate chips, I used the Enjoy Life brand
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup Cashew Butter, raw
- 1/4 cup Tahini, raw
- 1/2 cup Almond mylk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Blend together the wet ingredients: Cashew butter, tahini, Almond milk, vanilla extract, Maple syrup.
- Combine together the dry ingredients: Oats, Almond flour, chocolate chips, cinnamon, baking soda, salt.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Let the cookie dough sit, until the oven is ready; about 10-20 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop out the cookie dough using a tablespoon and form into a ball with your hands. Tip: It may help to lightly wet your hands.
- Place all the cookie dough balls on the parchment, and use your fingers to flatten each ball into a disc
- Place in the oven for 8 minutes, flip and bake for another 7 minutes. The cookies should be firm and golden brown. Careful not to burn them as the cookies bake quickly
- Remove them from the oven and let cool
Great alternatives to the chocolate chips can be dried cranberries, or your favourite nuts! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did