This soup is also a great sauce to top chicken, or pasta
Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups of cremini mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 1/2 cup of onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of parsnip, roughly chopped
- 3/4 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of broth
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 bay leaves
- Heat coconut oil on medium heat in a shallow pot, and add the onions. Cook onions until they are translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and parsnip, let that cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the broth and bay leaves, and allow that to come to a simmer. Once this happens turn down to low heat and allow for it simmer again. At this point the parsnip pieces should be fork tender.
- Turn the heat off, and allow the mixture to cool slightly as to avoid burning yourself. At this time you may remove the bay leaves if you wish. With a blender, pour contains and blend until smooth. Add some water if the mixture is too dry. You may have to do this in batches.
- Return the soup mixture back into the pot, add in the coconut milk and allow it to come to a simmer on low heat (it should take a couple of minutes)
- Voila! It’s ready to serving