I recently went to Montreal and let me just say that all the the food was AMAZING! On our last day, we went to this delicious restaurant in Old Port Montreal called Le Cartet, the breakfast I ordered came with his rich yogurt topped with berries, honey and granola, I could not get enough!!!! Two weeks back and my granola craving is to the max! Unfortunately store bought granola has so much sugar or hydrogenated oils so I decided to make my own! And you should too, because it’s just so delicious and simple
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup of hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup of coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- In a bowl, combine the rolled oats, pecans, almonds, cacao nibs, hemp hearts, and coconut flakes.
- Mix in the coconut oil and maple syrup evenly through the granola mixture.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Keep the granola in the oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring the granola every 7 minutes or so. When done the oats should be a golden brown, and the aroma of the nuts will fill the house!
- Let the granola cool and store in an airtight mason jar.
- Grab a hefty handful to top your yogurts and puddings, enjoy!