Salads have become a staple for my lunches. They are so easy to put together and offer such variety! Yes, I know what you are thinking salads don’t sound fun, easy or seem to offer any variety. I use to think that way too. But then I realized the more colour I can put in my salad the better, and changing up the dressing completely changes your salad!!
Beware: The store bought salad dressing have so many hidden artificial sugars, and the refined oils can still contain trans fats without being listed in the nutritional facts. Be sure to stay away from these products as they can be harmful for us! Instead, give this a try:
- 1.5 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/8 cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 medium sweet potato, boiled
- 1/4 cup sprouted chickpeas
- Add all ingredients in a bowl
HONEY FLAX SEED DRESSING
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a small bowl and mix.
- Pour dressing on your salad and enjoy!