Doesn’t this sound like a dessert?!?
Shockingly enough this is a great sugar balancing breakfast! Chia seeds are a powerhouse ingredient for your breakfast because they are high in healthy unsaturated fats, and fiber. These two ingredients will help slow down the release of sugar into your blood stream, which will keep you fuller longer!
Chia seeds are miracle workers for the following:
In addition this pudding is sweetened by coconut and banana, which are both wholesome ingredients that have additional benefits for your health.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT BREAKFAST CHIA PUDDING
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 6 tbsp of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp of cashew butter, you can save a little as topping
- 1/2 banana, which half will be mashed and half will be sliced as a topping
- Place the chia seeds, raw cacao power, cashew butter and mashed banana in a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk and water, then stir. Let this sit for 5-10 minutes. You should have a pudding like consistency that is easy to stir. If the consistency is too runny you can add a bit more chia seeds, if the consistency is to sticky add a bit more water.
- Once you are happy with your consistency, add your banana slices and dab of cashew butter as toppings.